StartHubs AsiaBerlinWhile many startups are looking towards the US and Silicon Valley, huge market opportunities lie to the East. India, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, the Philippines are among the most vibrant and fastest growing economies globally. Their populations are young, educated and digital natives. And in the next 10 years, Indian middle class will be bigger than that in the US, EU and China combined. StartUp AsiaBerlin invites you to hear more about the business opportunities in the abovementioned countries, their vibrant startup ecosystems and the strategies to enter the markets. Our host and moderator for the event is Shoba Purushothaman, co-founder of HARDSKILLS.
10:00 Welcome word Rainer Seider, Head of Unit for International Cooperation, Berlin Senate for Economics, Energy and Public EnterprisesHari Sungkari, Deputy Chairman, Indonesian Agency of Creative Economy (BEKRAF)
10:20 Official signing of the MoU between Indonesian Agency of Creative Economy and enpact, on behalf of the StartUp AsiaBerlin
10:30 Presentations of the ecosystems and reasons for expansion into the respective markets
- - Amrita Gandikota, Indo-German Chamber of Commerce
- - Daniel Tumewu, HI Indonesia
- - Norbert Herrmann, Startup Relations, Berlin Senate for Economics
- - Ces Rondario, Impact Hub Manila
- - Grace Goransson-Teo, NTUitive - the innovation & enterprise company of Nanyang Tech University Singapore
- - Daniel Lachmann, TechCode
12:00 - 13:00 Fishbowl discussion: How to get into the new market, what cooperation and funding opportunities exist,
- - Claus Karthe, Founder & CEO German Accelerator Southeast Asia
- - Dhruv Mehra, Invest India
- - Sabine Yang-Schmidt, Senior Consultant East Asia/ Greater China, IHK Potsdam
13:00 - Networking over lunch
Register to the event now!