Soft-landing program in Bengaluru
We are proud to announce the launch of the Soft-landing Program in partnership with the Government of Karnataka for the first cohort of international startups that would explore the Indian market.
- Dates: 13th November to 3rd December 2019
- Duration: 21 days
- Persons per start-up: Up to 2
- Office space: To be provided at K-tech NASSCOM Start-up Warehouse in Bengaluru
- Eligibility criteria:
- Be a technology-focused product start-up
- Possess existing revenues and demonstrate the ability to sell products/services;
- Have a market-ready product or service;
- Demonstrate the ability to spur job growth, expand into new markets, and/or secure investments
(deadline: 1 Nov, 2019)
Tentative agenda* (to be customized for startups)*
|1||13th to 17th November,Days 1-5 (5 days):||
|3||18th to 20th November,Days 6-8 (3 days)||
|4||21st to 24th November,Days 9-12 (4 days)||
|5||25th November to 3rd December,Days 13-21 (9 days)||
(deadline: 1 Nov, 2019)
Knowing the pivotal role start-ups play in the roll-out of the new technologies, supporting and hand-holding start-ups has been a cornerstone of the State’s policy. With Karnataka being the first state in the country to launch Start-up Policy of 2015 – 2020, and with various other pioneering startup initiatives that have subsequently followed, Government of Karnataka is closer to realizing its vision to create a world-class start up ecosystem in the State.
Karnataka has established Global Innovation Alliances (GIAs) with leading technology and innovation hubs across the world for curating existing relationships and fostering new ones with international institutions and partner countries.
To further the agenda of the Department of IT, BT and S&T in strengthening its international partnerships, particularly for startups, Government of Karnataka has introduced the GIA Market Access Program to support export expansion projects, by helping start-ups to enter new markets, establish international partnerships, and increase global sales. The program would have two parts, as follows:
- Inbound: Soft Landing provided in K-Tech Incubators for start-ups from other countries (GIA partners)
- Outbound: Soft-landing for Karnataka start-ups in GIA countries
This would be a reciprocal agreement, where in start-up ecosystems of Karnataka and the GIA partner involved benefit mutually by sending and receiving start-ups. The specifics of the program would be customized for each partner depending upon funds available, sectors of collaboration, expected outcomes, etc.